Poker’s most prestigious tournament, the World Series of Poker just announced its 44th Annual schedule and is slated to run from May 29th to July 15th 2013 at the RIO, All Suite Hotel and Casino, Las Vegas. A total number of 62 bracelets will be up for the taking this year; one more than last year and the main event will kick off on July 6th.
With respect to the physical layout of the place, the ambiance will be same as 2012 with the Rio Hotel donning a poker look and ESPN telecasting each moment when someone becomes rich. The Final table of the Main event will culminate as ‘November Nine’ and will happen on 4th and 5th Nov 2013.
Some highlights of the 2013 WSOP are:
- 62 Gold bracelets to be awarded over 48 days of poker play.
- All events will be linked to charity as started in 2012. The 1% for One Drop where the winner of each event will have the option to donate 1% of his winnings to charity will continue this year.
- On June 29th 2013, a non bracelet event will be there where everyone can enter and there will be a bounty to be won on each player.
- June 28th will feature the Ladies only No limit Hold’em Championship (Event 51) where Ladies can register for a buy-in of $1000 while men will have to shell out $10,000.
- Event 26 for the Seniors only No Limit Hold’em Championship for poker players above the age of 50 will happen on June 14th with a buy-in of $1000.
- WSOP’s new turbo format will take place in Event 34 with a $1000 Turbo No Limit Hold’em tournament which will conclude within two days starting June 19th.
Registration for all events except the Main event will be held across all 4 levels of play. The main event registration will happen for two levels of play only. Pre-registration will be done through the WSOP website from March 4th 2013. More than 75,000 entries are expected in this year’s edition with approximately $220 Million going out in prize money.