WORLD SERIES OF POKER (WSOP)
Benny Binion is credited with the beginning of this poker sensation, World Series of Poker in the year 1970. This event is held every year in the glamorous city of Las Vegas where millions participate to gamble with their luck at the poker table.
It consists of a succession of poker tournaments with lucrative cash prizes for the lucky winner. The victor is also felicitated with a WSOP bracelet, which is considered as the highest degree of honor and ranked as a highly coveted prize in the poker circuit. The winner of the main event in the World Series of Poker is coveted with the supreme honor of the title ‘World Champion of Poker’.
WSOP comprises of 61 events. These events occur over the course of a day or a few uninterrupted days during the sequence of events usually in the months of June and July.
WORLD SERIES OF POKER (WSOP) CIRCUIT
- 2005 marked the advent of World Series of Poker (WSOP) Circuit in the history of poker and gambling.
- It is a string of poker tournaments that are held annually in a variety of casinos across the globe as an upsurge to the World Series of Poker (WSOP).
- All the scheduled events in the World Series of Poker (WSOP) Circuit are contended in no limit Texas Hold’em whereas the preliminary events can also be conducted in diverse poker variants.
- WSOP Circuit gave a platform to poker fanatics across the globe to participate in the coveted World Series of Poker and use their luck and skills to create marvels on the poker table.
FUNCTIONING OF WORLD SERIES OF POKER (WSOP) CIRCUIT
- There have been several changes in the WSOP Circuit events since its commemoration in the year 2005. It began with 10 stops in 2005 with a buy-in as low as $10,000. The players who qualified in each event with their exemplary performance won themselves a coveted place in the WSOP Tournament of Champions.
- However, now in the current 10th season, 100 poker players will compete in the string of poker tournaments in the WSOP Circuit. It will include the 22 players winning the Main Event at every stop, 22 poker enthusiasts bagging the maximum points at every particular stop and the top-notch 50 players to win the highest points in the entire season. A new addition of online tournament series by the name ‘A Last Shot’ will award 6 seats to the qualifiers in the National Championship.
SCHEDULE OF 2013-2014 WSOP CIRCUIT
- Caesars Entertainment has officially announced the schedule of the much awaited 2013-2014 WSOP Circuit Events. This 10th season is gaining momentum with each passing day and will feature 22 stops starting with Foxwoods Resort Casino in the beautiful city of Connecticut on the 8th of August, 2013.
- This year the tour has an addition of three new venues in its list. The gorgeous city of Ohio makes a grand debut on the WSOP Circuit this year with two scheduled stops, beginning with Horseshoe Cincinnati in the month of September, 2013, followed by Horseshoe Cleveland scheduled in March, 2014.
- ESPN continues to procure the television rights of the broadcast of the National Championship as a division of their rights for the telecast of WSOP’s annual coverage.
- The winner of the National Championship will be felicitated with the prestigious honor of a WSOP gold bracelet. National Championship will commemorate the end of the season and will be held in Caesars Atlantic City instead of New Orleans.
- 100 lucky poker fanatics will be bestowed with the honor to try their luck in the National Championship in the 10th season of WSOP Circuit. Jonathan Hilton won the recent WSOP National Championship and set a whooping record to break for million poker enthusiasts.