The World Series of Poker(WSOP) has revealed that it is going to launch real money online poker gaming through its portal www.wsop.com from Sept 19th in Nevada. From the said date, the residents of Nevada and all those visiting it can access and play on the online poker site provided they are 21 years of age and pass through WSOP.com’s responsible gaming check.
Caesars Interactive Entertainment CEO Mitch Garber spoke on behalf of the venture. “A state-of-the-art poker offering from one of the most established and regulated operators in the United States, is finally here. We have taken the 43-year-old World Series of Poker brand and combined it with the Caesars Entertainment portfolio of assets to provide consumers with what we believe will be an unrivaled poker offering to satisfy today’s technologically savvy consumer. We will bridge land-based and online gaming in ways that have never been seen before.”
Going forth wsop.com will also feature online satellites to land based WSOP Events including the much awaited WSOP Main Event at the Rio All Suites Hotel and Casino. The first of such satelltes is expected to be announced soon in the form of a satellite to the WSOP Europe (WSOPE) in Paris, France, with a €10,000 WSOPE Main Event seat and $3,000 in spending money up for grabs.
Some features of wsop.com are:
- Mac and PC compatible
- Cash games, tournaments, sit and go’s and satellites available.
- Daily freerolls for new players.
- Cash games starting from as low as 1 cent/2 cent.
- Games offered include Limit and No Limit Hold’em, Omaha, Omaha Hi/Lo, Seven Card stud.
- A loyalty program of its own called Action Club will be launched.
- wsop.com Online championships will be held in October.
- In line with the much talked about ‘November Nine‘, an ‘Online Nine‘ will also be formed during the wsop.com Online championship.