Christmas is upon us now and with the festivities around, everyone is busy making lists or holiday shopping. But what really is that is going on in the poker players mind. What does a poker player want this Christmas? We spoke to a few poker players to get an idea of the perfect Christmas gift for them and also list out some ideal Christmas presents for poker players.
Sangeeth ‘Samoh’ Mohan, Indian poker pro who created a sensation at the APT Asian Series Goa 2012 wants a ‘Parrot Zik Headphones set’ for Christmas. The tournament reg is spot on with his choice. What better than noise cancellation headphones to keep your concentration going during poker tournaments?
Arvind Yadav who prefers to play online wants the poker book ‘Alligator Blood’ which isn’t available in India. Another online poker player from India Satish Monga told us that he wants a poker table so he can start playing live cash games.
Anirudh Jain who is a college student and has just started playing poker wants a poker chip set as Christmas Gift. He has even gone the extra mile to give subtle hints to his girlfriend about his Christmas wish.
Taking a cue from the poker players, we have compiled a list of the below mentioned items that any poker player would love to have:
- Poker Decks/Poker Chipset: To the new player, there cannot be a better gift than a poker deck from Copag. Some others would be very happy to receive nice hard aluminium set of 14 gram poker chips.
- Poker Coaching software: For the seasoned pro, learning is always on when it comes to poker. All poker players would love to be gifted the full year PokerCoach 2 software to analyse their game and learn from their mistakes.
- iPhone 5s: The iPhone 5s in gold color is definitely the most wanted accessory on the poker felt this season. So if it is a poker player you want to please, then the latest Apple product is what you gift.
- Poker Card guard: No player wants his prized cards mucked by the dealer because he forgot to protect them. What better than a stylish card guard proclaiming ‘Pocket Aces’ or ‘Big Slick’ to protect your cards and also pass on some good luck.
- Poker Books: All poker players are always looking to learn and improve their poker skills. Poker books like ‘Play poker like the pros’ by Phil Hellmuth and ‘The Theory of Poker’ by David Slansky are all time favourites.