The 2014 World Series of Poker is officially under way, and it promises to be bigger and better than ever. There are 65 WSOP bracelets up for grabs, a $1M Big One for One Drop Event, the Main Event has a $10M guarantee and WSOP will make online poker a part of the World Series of poker experience. And this is just the tip of the ice-berg.
It’s a poker aficionado’s dream to visit the World Series of Poker (WSOP) at least once in their lifetime as a player to pit against the Who’s Who of the poker world or as a spectator to absorb the poker extravaganza. Unfortunately not all of us can experience the excitement live, and for those of us who want to catch the news at home, it can become difficult to keep track of it. It is easy for us to be overwhelmed by the sheer size of it all.
So we thought we will put together a list for you. One of the best sources of real-time information during the WSOP– is Twitter. There are hundreds of players and tournament organizers but we have curated 7 must follows for WSOP. They are in no specific order.
- World Series of Poker @WSOP: This one is obvious. Real-time information for big stories, winners as well as updates for live stream start times.
- Doyle Brunson @TexDolly – Besides being the ‘Godfather of Poker’, this poker legend is active on twitter. His blunt opinions are always on mark.
- Jack Effel @WSOPTD – Meet the WSOP Tournament Director. Players often tweet him on twitter with a query and he is quick to revert.
- Daniel Negreanu @RealKidPoker – When the 2013 WSOP Player of the Year is not occupied playing or reading his fellow competitors, he will share WSOP stories. Chances are he may go into one of his rants which will definitely be entertaining.
- Ty Stewart @wsopSUITd – Handling the business side of the WSOP is the executive director of WSOP. He is extremely active on twitter besides being witty.
- Phil Hellmuth @phil_hellmuth – Keeping an eye on the ‘Poker Brat’ is engaging. His name dropping and observations are shocking.
- Global Poker Index @GlobalPokerIndx – Their presence in the WSOP has expanded since last year. They will give you information on the ‘Hot’ and the ‘Not-so-hot’ poker players.
Enjoy the WSOP Season and stay tuned to Online Poker News @IndiaPokerNews. Don’t miss out on the action.