Everybody who is gripped by the football fever straight from Brazil has surely made and re-made their best Football Playing XI- The dream team for the 2014 FIFA World Cup. But what happens when you cross the FIFA World Cup with the 2014 WSOP. You get the best 11 man combination from football suitable for the game of poker. So we decided to take it a notch further and make a Poker Dream Team from the FIFA XI. The perfect footballers whom we feel would make great poker players. We present our Poker XI from the FIFA Football XI:
- Lionel Messi: Any football list in the world is incomplete without this Argentinian forward. He is the one of the best footballers ever to grace the game and if he ever takes to another form of green-the poker felt then Messi would surely be a great fit. With youth and good health on his side, the focused dedication that this goal-machine has shown will surely make him a great poker player.
- Christiano Ronaldo: This Portuguese player single-handedly ensured that his country secured a berth in Brazil 2014. So if he sets his eyes on another type of gold, then that WSOP Bracelet can be within his reach. Nursing an injury currently, his job is cut out for the FIFA outing and with great leadership skills, he can be a good fit for a WSOP event. His trophy case is packed but can still accommodate more gold.
- Neymar Da Silva: The host nations hopes are riding on the slender shoulders of Neymar who is c
apable of delivering the collective hopes of an entire nation. He currently makes more than $20 Million from his football endorsements but that amount can easily be doubled at the WSOP and the ‘Big One for One Drop’ has proved that in history. Antonio Esfandiari will surely vouch for that!
- Andres Iniesta: Spain is out of the final 16 and Iniesta is free. Well, on a serious note, he is the most complete player that Spain has seen. The midfielder has changed and transformed himself depending on the team’s requirements in the past decade and can surely hone his skills on the poker tables.
- Louis Suarez: If there is an abundance of talent in Uruguay, then it is all because of Suarez. The ‘cannibal’ can create goals from any situations and when it comes to delivering results in unfamiliar situations, then Suarez is your man. For someone who has the ability to engineer goals from nowhere, Suarez will be great on the poker felt.
- Clint Dempsey: The WSOP is full of players from USA, then why add another American to the field? If the man is of the talent and skill of Dempsey, then there is surely place for another pro. Called ‘Captain America’, he could surely make his way in the Rio all Suite Hotel and Casino with ease in the sea of reds and blues of USA.
- Mesut Ozil: With George Danzer winning two gold bracelets for Germany in the 2014 WSOP, another German is most welcome. This 25 year old has been compared with the best in the football world and has the capability to make deep runs. He is in form currently and this excellent form can best be tested in poker.
- David Luiz: He stands out because of his ‘shaggy hair’ and his excellent defensive skills on the football field. He made football records when he was sold to Paris St. Germain for approximately $70 Million last month which means he is in the habit of creating news. Time he hit poker headlines, as well?
- Yaya Toure: Cote D’Ivoire for sure isn’t a known name in the poker world. Who better than their most accomplished footballer to make them proud in the poker world? Toure is carrying his excellent form from the English Premier League into the FIFA World Cup and will defeinitely stand out in the WSOP.
Robin Van Persie: Captain of the Netherlands Football Team, Van Persie is a seasoned campaigner. One of the best strikers in the world, he can sure strike form in poker if he sets his mind.
- Jack Wilshere: This 22 year ‘Gorgeous Jack’ looks like a younger David Beckham and walks off on the poker red carpet based on his looks. Every team needs the raw appeal and charisma of someone like Wilshere. And poker definitely can do with some bit of glamour. So we present the final slot in the Poker XI from the Football XI to Young Wilshere from the England team who can set the poker felt on fire.
Coach: Every team needs a coach. Who better than the ex Brazilian footballer Ronaldo who reached football peaks during his career. He has been a part of Team Sportsstar at PokerStars . He of course knows the game of football and poker very well and also the players, thus he can be the perfect coach for this team of footballers to try their skill in poker.