Manila is the Capital of Philippines and one of the most renowned holiday destinations of the world. A Global city which attracts more than 1 million tourists every year, a city full of historical landmarks; Surly this destination would have made its mark on your list of dream holiday destinations. Manila is also the economical and political heart of the country. But do you know Manila is one of the hottest poker destinations of Asia? Today we will explore this beautiful city and will find out how poker nights of Manila attract every poker player once at least.
Poker is an integral part of Manila’s culture, how? After World War II this game made its mark on this land and rescued Jews society as well. It is said that group of Jews people brought this game into Manila’s culture and cigars, poker became lifestyle of Manila. Since then poker has gained popularity exponentially. Today Manila is home to some of the world’s best casinos.
Grind in Manila-
- Resorts Wold Manila: One of the largest casino resorts of Manila, situated in Newport city spans across 30000 square meter casino, covers 3 luxury hotels, spacious shopping mall and much more. Started in 2009, this casino resort attracts almost each poker player. It organizes national and international poker tournaments regularly to attract high rollers, this year APT (Asian Poker Tour) will return to its favourite destination in September. So if you are poker addict and planning to visit manila then this resort definitely one of the top choices.
- Solaire Resort & Casino: Started in 2013 Solaire Resort & Casino is known for its luxurious facilities, 1200 Slot Machines and 6000 Square meter VIP gaming station. Based on Vegas theme this casino offer 300 gaming tables and an entertainment lounge offering live music plus much more. Starting from October 2014 this resort will host first ever World Poker Tour (WPT) National event of Philippines. In very short span of time this resort has become an obvious choice for poker pros.
- Hyatt Regency Hotel & Casino Manila: A well known 5 starhotel and casino of Manila situated close to Malate has 15000 square meter space, 123 gaming tables, 626 slot machines and all luxurious facilities that a hotel plus casino property should offer to players. Definitely one of the top casino hotels of not only Manila but also of Asia.
- Casino Filipino Heritage: Another hot destination for gambling lovers in Manila, Casino Filipino spans across 21,316 square foot gaming space 464 slot machines and 57 gaming tables. Apart from 24×7 running gaming tables casino also organized various tournaments regularly to bring high rollers.
- Manila Pavilion Hotel & Casino: Situated in the heart of Manila it is one of the easily accessible casino property for poker tourists. A 4 star hotel with casino spread across 35,971 Sq/Ft, 700 Machines, 105 Tables is definitely a hot destination for poker players. This casino has been host of Filipino Poker Tour 13, Asia Pacific Poker Tour (APPT) and other regular poker tournaments.
The list goes on and on, poker tables run 24×7 here and every player tries his/her luck. So next time you pack your bags for Manila do check in any of these casinos.
Poker tournaments Manila is hosting in 2014 –
Year on year Manila has been witnessing rise of poker players and astonishing attendance in poker tournaments and 2014 is no exception. Some of the prime poker events of 2014 –
- Asia Pacific Poker Tour
- Asian Poker Tour
- World Poker Tour National Philippines
- Filipino Poker Tour
- Pilipinas Poker League
Manila not only has been a great host but also has been land of poker pros and Top names are as under –
- Neil Arce
- Michael Cua
- Mark Benasa
- Vice De Guzman
- Enrique Del Prado Jr
- Jojo Tech
- Mike Puno
- Jav Medina
- Lester Edoc
- Kent Del Rosario
Unwind in Manila
In Manila a lot of players prefer to stay in Casino hotels itself. Some of the top Casino hotels include-
- Resorts World Manila
- Hyatt Regency Hotel and Casinos
Other hotels which offer good stay packages for poker tournaments-
- Remington Hotel
- Marriott Manila
How to Reach Manila –
Manila is well connected with India and its easy accessibility has attracted many Indian gambling lovers in recent past. The best means of transport from India is by air, New Delhi International airport has flights 6 days a week.
In 2011 to attract more & more Indian tourists Philippines Airlines launched direct flights from New Delhi to Manila 3 days a week. Monday, Wednesday & Friday you can board direct flight from New Delhi International Airport to Manila @ 3 AM.
On Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday you can board one stop flight which is via Bangkok and it leaves @ 2.45 AM. On return direct flights from Manila are available @ 9.10 PM (Local time) on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. One stop service from Manila operates via Bangkok on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Along with Philippines Airlines other airlines like Air India, Thai Airways, Singapore Airlines, Jet Airways etc. offer flights starting from Rs. 24000/person. Other metro cities of India like Bangalore, Chennai and Kolkata also offer one stop flights to Manila via Bangkok, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur.
Philippines have emerged as brightest brands in world of poker in recent times and Manila has lot to add in this glory. Manila has gained immense popularity in very short span of time within Asia for its poker nights and love for cards. If you are planning for poker holiday, time is right. Pack your bags, Book Your Tickets, Manila is waiting with major poker events this season. Best of Luck.