Apoorva Goel won the Event 3: 6 Max Championship of the Asia Championship of Poker(ACOP) bringing home the first ever ACOP Title. The 2 day event concluded yesterday as Goel defeated a field of 137 poker players winning HK $1,328,900 in prize money.
While Apoorva Goel was making inroads from the beginning itself but the final title didn’t come easy as heads up battle with Shaq Lin lasted for more than 2 hours. The two players eventually struck a deal which guaranteed each player HK $270,000 and they would play for the remaining HK $18,100 along with the title.
The final hand saw Goel drawing a monster Pocket Aces with Lin turning over Pocket Queens. The board ran 8s 5c 9h 5h Kh and Apoorva Goel won the title as well as the amount for the winner. The 30 year businessman from India added that this was the first time he has won a tournament title with pocket aces.
Congratulations to Apoorva Goel from OPN!
Event 3 Final Table Results
- Apoorva Goel (India) — HK $288,100
- Hung Sheng “Shaq” Lin (Chinese Taipei) — HK $270,000
- Saehoon Lee (Korea) — HK $146,200
- Thomas Grigg (Australia) — HK $119,600
- Ioan Taizs (Romania) — HK $93,000
- Kosei Ichinose (Japan) — HK $79,700
- Victor Teng (Australia) — HK $66,400