The second of PokerStars’ four $1 million online freeroll poker tournaments planned for 2016 will take place on Sunday, July 17 at 12.04 ET (17.04 BST, 18.04 CET). Players will be given 10 chances to qualify for the million-dollar giveaway event, which will take place at PokerStars.
Players will have 10 chances to qualify into the PokerStars $1 Million Freeroll tournament through a series of simple daily challenges from July 8-16. After each day has finished, All-In Shootout Qualifiers will run and give away 8,192 seats to the players who completed the previous day’s challenge.
In addition, players who complete the challenge on Friday, July 15 will have an extra reward – entry into a Skill Qualifier that will see 15,000 players advance to the $1 Million Freeroll, which will be played out as a regular tournament.
The daily challenges are intended to be very simple in order to give as many people as possible a chance to qualify for the $1 Million Freeroll. Playing just one real money hand of poker (cash game, multi-table tournament, Spin & Go, or Sit & Go tournament), making any wager in a casino game, or making any real money sports bet on BetStars (excluding free bets) on any sporting market, will gain entry into the All-In Shootout.
How players can play the PokerStars $1 Million Freeroll
- Players can claim their free All-In Shootout Qualifier seat by opening their Challenges Window, opting-in and completing a simple daily challenge.
- The All-In Shootouts Qualifier tournaments will be played the day after the challenge at 00.04 ET.
- Players who qualify through the All-In Shootout will automatically be registered to play the $1 Million Freeroll on July 17 at 12.04 ET. Note that players do not have to be present during the All-in Shootout Qualifiers but the $1 Million Freeroll is played as a regular tournament.
- In addition, PokerStars is running a Skill Qualifier to give more players a chance to compete. Players that complete the daily challenge on July 15 will, in addition to getting an All-in Shootout seat, receive a ticket to the Skill Qualifier played on Saturday, July 16 at 12.04 ET. Unlike an All-in Shootout, players must register and play this tournament to be in with a chance of advancing to the $1 Million Freeroll.
|Tournament||Buy-in||Date & time||Prize pool|
|PokerStars $1 Million Freeroll All-In Shootout Qualifier||Auto-registered after completing respective daily challenge||July 9-17
advance to PokerStars $1 Million Freeroll
|PokerStars $1 Million Freeroll Skill Qualifier||Ticket received in Friday, July 15daily challenge||July 16
|15,000 players qualify to PokerStars
$1 Million Freeroll
|PokerStars $1 Million Freeroll – $1,000,000 added||Only open to players who have qualified. Players who have qualified will be automatically registered.||July 17
|$1,000,000 added with $10,000 for the winner|
- Compared to the last $1 Million Freeroll, PokerStars expects to reward more players.
- $10,000 will be paid to the winner.
- PokerStars will award prizes to 75,000 players.
- Only one seat is allowed per player for the PokerStars $1 Million Freeroll, so once a player has won a seat, there is no need to opt-in for new challenges.