The virtual felts at the partypoker have been full of exciting high-stakes action. Sunday was the final day of its Poker Masters Online tournament series and it saw Linus Loeliger emerging the Poker Masters Online Main Event champion and walking away with an enormous $1,097,250 prize. It was the second big win of the series for Loeliger as he had also won the Event #18 for $325,318 prize.
The $2M GTD NLHE 8-Max Main Event featuring a $51,000 buy-in drew 77 entries. This eventually created a $3,850,000 prize pool that was almost double the advertised $2 million guarantee. The top 10 finishers got their hands on a slice of this juicy prize pool, while Lebanon’s Karim Khayat ended as the bubble boy, whose 11th place finish locked up at least $154,000 for the final 10 survivors.
Australian star Kahle Burns (8th) was the first of the finalists to bust. He was followed by big names like David Peters (7th) and Finland’s Elias Talvitie (6th) and Steve O’Dwyer (4th). Later, Chris Kruk crashed out in third for $519,750 and this set up a heads-up between Giuseppe Iadisernia and Linus Loeliger. Eventually, Loeliger managed to defeat Iadisernia (2nd for $750,750) to bank $1,097,250.
Main Event Results:
- Linus Loeliger – $1,097,250
- Giuseppe Iadisernia – $750,750
- Christopher Kruk – $519,750
- Steve O’Dwyer – $346,500
- Ole Schemion – $269,500
- Elias Talvitie – $211,750
- David Peters – $182,875
- Kahle Burns – $163,625
- Conor Beresford – $154,000
- Vicent Bosca Ramon – $154,000
Kolonias Wins Event #30 and The Championship Leaderboard
The $500K Gtd [NLH, 6-Max] was the final event of the Poker masters online and it turned out to be another guarantee buster. A total of 146 entrants ponied up $10,300 to smash the $500k GTD by almost $1 million! The largest share of the prizepool eventually went to Alexandros Kolonias who defeated Jason McConnon (runner-up for $248,200) and banked $367,782 for his grand win.
Top 18 spots were paid in the final event with Daniel Dvoress earning himself the unwanted title of bubble boy. Steve O’Dwyer (17th), Connor Drinan (16th), Chris Hunichen (15th), Ben Heath (14th), Dan Shak (12th), 2019 WSOP Main Event champion Hossein Ensan (10th), Mark Radoja (9th), Samuel Vousden (8th), and Pascal Lefrancois (7th), Chris Kruk (6th), Artur Martirosian (5th), Mustapha Kanit (4th), Lebanon’s Mark Demirijan (3rd) were among the notables names who finished ITM in the event.
Event #30 Results
- Alexandros Kolonias – $367,782.76
- Jason McConnon – $248,200
- Mark Demirjian – $175,200
- Mustapha Kanit – $124,100
- Artur Martirosian – $91,250
- Christopher Kruk – $60,590
- Pascal Lefrancois – $45,990
- Samuel Vousden – $45,990
- Mark Radoja – $45,990
- Hossein Ensan – $31,390
- Mark Davis – $31,390
- Dan Shak – $31,390
- Alexander Ivarsson – $26,789.54
- Benjamin Heath – $26,789.54
- Chris Hunichen – $26,789.54
- Connor Drinan – $26,789.54
- Steve O’Dwyer – $26,789.54
- Orpen Kisacikoglu – $26,789.54
Every player who cashed this event was awarded leaderboard points in addition to prize money. The player to earn most points was Kolonias and he topped the championship leaderboard to secure an additional $50,000 plus the famous Poker Masters purple jacket, apart from the top prize.
Kolonias’ win in the final event esured him these extra prizes. The Greek star cashed 11 times, including two wins, and won $1,266,296. These results earned Kolonias a total of 1,191 points. Artur Martirosian finished second with 1,048 points, while Linus Loeliger ended as third place finisher.
Final Leaderboard Standings:
- Alexandros Kolonias – 1,191 points
- Artur Martirosian – 1,048 points
- Linus Loeliger – 1,037 points
- Timothy Adams – 861 points
- Ali Imsirovic – 857 points
- Andras Nemeth – 807 points
- Pascal Lefrancois – 782 points
- Paulis Ayras – 748 points
- Alex Foxen – 736 points
- Steve O’Dwyer – 732 points
The Poker Masters Online tournament series was a massive success and it was supported brilliantly by the game’s high stakes players. Around $35.4 million was awarded during the marquee series!