While Las Vegas dominates the world poker scene these days with the WSOP poker extravaganza going on, Macau hosted its fifth edition of the Asia Championship of Poker(ACOP) Platinum Series V at the PokerStars LIVE at the City of Dreams Casino. Peter Au dominated field of Hong Kong players to win the Main Event and HK $231,300 prize money. The four day series saw some side events and drew a good response from the locals and Asian players.
The HK $5,500 Main Event crossed its minimum guarantee with a 243 player playing field taking the prize pool to HK $943,000. Peter Au won the trophy dominating a final table full of Hong Kong players. Former Red Dragon Winner Kenny Leong finished third in this event catapulting himself in the top 10 of the 2014 Asian Player of the Year Rankings.
FINAL TABLE RESULTS
1. Peter Au (Hong Kong) — HK $231,300
2. Wai Wa Chan (Hong Kong) — HK $158,900
3. Kenny Leong (Hong Kong) — HK $96,300
4. Calvin Ho (Hong Kong) — HK $72,200
5. Joey Leung (Hong Kong) — HK $57,800
6. Wei-chuan Hsu (Chinese Taipei) — HK $48,200
7. Ben Abrahams (UK) — HK $38,500
8. Zhiqiang Na (China) — HK $28,900
9. Shi Chieh Lee (Chinese Taipei) — HK $24,100
Besides the cash prizes, Main Event players who made the Top Ten also qualify for the ACOP Platinum Series Playoff (October 5, 2014) where they can win one of several HK $100,000 Main Event entries to the 2014 Asia Championship of Poker.
In the Side events, the opening two side events went to Ben Wilson and Hou Keong Ip who both reside in Macau. They won the $1,000 PLO and $1,500 NLH deepstack tournaments respectively. To complete the line up of events the HK $2,500 KO Bounty title went to Japan’s Taichiro Okudaira.
For ACOP Platinum Series IV click here.