Yuhito Hayashi took down the $6,000 buy-in Baby Dragon Event at the Pokerstars LIVE, City of Dreams Casino kicking off the festivities of the August edition of the Macau Poker Cup(MPC). Japan’s Yuhito Hayashi came from behind to take down to take the top prize as well as the coveted trophy in a field dominated by Chinese and Hong Kong poker players.
The 2 day event started on 2nd August and attracted 285 entries taking the prize pool way beyond the $1 Million guarantee. 31 players cashed for the prize pool of approximately HKD 1.1 Million. Hayashi took home the title along with HK $224,300 after a deal was struck between the final three players in the 2-day competition. A side event of the HKD 2,500 Bounty went to Singapore’s Lester Pinto. Deepak Manghwani of India was the only Indian to cash in this side event. Deepak came in 18th place for HKD 3,300.
Earlier on 1st August, the 21st edition of the MPC had taken off with the HK $2000 Deepstack NLK($200K guarantee) which was won by Hidenao Kawai. The Event saw a 3-way deal between Kawai, Aussie Victor Tend and Indian Mayurh Aggarwal. Teng got the lion’s share out of the deal with HKD 87,000 and also escalated himself to the top of the Asia Player of the Year rankings. Aggarwal was the lone Indian player who cashed in this event and took the 3rd spot to win HKD 61,000.
Baby Dragon Final Table Results
1. Yuhito Hayashi (Japan) — HK $224,300*
2. Mahipalsinh Vala (Hong Kong) — HK $284,000*
3. Jin Hong Lim (South Korea) — HK $212,000*
4. Tsung Han Lin (Chinese Taipei) — HK $112,000
5. Chong Wei Lew (Singapore) — HK $89,600
6. Aaron Lin (Chinese Taipei) — HK $74,600
7. Wai Lun Ng (Hong Kong) — HK $59,700
8. Kenji Shibutani (Japan) — HK $44,800
9. Ronald Lin (Hong Kong) — HK $37,300